We all use the Touch Screen Gadgets like Touch Screen Mobile Phones, Tablets, etc. in our Daily Life. Smudges all over the Touchscreen or an evident Fingerprint Trail of your Fingers or some other Touched parts Imprints us on the Screen. Regular Cleaning of the Touchscreen of your Cell Phone, Tablet, MP3 Player or any other Touch Screen Device is essential for its Upkeep and Longevity. We can wipe away those Smudges with Ease and know How To avoid doing anything your Touchscreen won't much appreciate.
For Cleaning Touch Screen you only need :
- Microfiber Cloth or a similar, Soft and Lint-Free Cloth
- Distilled Water or Commercial Touchscreen targeted Cleaning agent
Now follow these steps for cleaning touch screens :
Watch this Video for better understanding :
1) Choose a Microfiber Cloth. This is Ideal for Cleaning a Touchscreen. Some devices will have such a Cloth included or perhaps you can borrow one you use on your Sunglasses.
The Cost of such Cloths varies. For cloths recommended by Companies for their Products, the price can be considerably higher Simply because of the recommendation. Look around for a good deal on such cloths or substitute with a much Cheaper but still effective Microfiber Cloth.
2) Turn off the Device before commencing to Clean it. It is usually much easier to see where to Clean when the device is Switched Off.
3) Give the Screen a once over by Brushing it with the microfiber in Small Circles. This will Remove the majority of simple Imperfections.
4) Only if Truly needed, moisten a Cotton Cloth, even the Corner of your Cotton Shirt, and repeat the small Circular Motions. It may actually be enough to just Breath over the Screen and use that moisture to Clean with.
Read the Instructions accompanying the cloth you're using. Some of them need to be made slightly Damp before use. If this is the case, skip this step and follow the Cloth's instructions instead.If dampening a cloth, it is best to use distilled water.
5) Brush again with the Microfiber Cloth to Finish Off. Don't over-rub though and if there is any Dampness Left, just leave it to Air Dry. Do not put too much Pressure on the Screen when Cleaning it.
How To Wash Your Microfiber Cloth
- To Wash your Microfiber Cloth, Soak it in Warm, Soapy Water. The Warm Water serves to Open the Fibers and release the grime that may have gathered. Scrub the Cloth Lightly while Soaking it ( not too hard or you will damage the cloth ).
- After Soaking, Squeeze out any Excess Water and let the Cloth out to Air dry. Do not wash any Screens with the Cloth until Dry ( or Lightly Damp ) to the Touch.
Tips for Cleaning Touch Screen
- If you do not have a Microfiber Cloth and the Cleaning can't wait, a Cotton Cloth or Corner of a Shirt will do in a pinch.
- If possible get a case for your Device to prevent Bumping, Scratching and Prints from happening.
- Keep the Touchscreen Cleaning Cloth in Good, Clean condition. Wash regularly to remove Build-Up of grime from the Screen.
- It is possible to Purchase Screen Cleaning Kits. Often these will include Anti-static wipes. However, this may be an added expense that isn't worth the price; do some research first.
Warnings While Cleaning Touch Screen
- Never use the Spit and Rub Cleaning method. It will only create grime on your Screen that you will have to Clean later.
- Avoid using anything that is Abrasive when Cleaning a Touchscreen.
- Never use anything containing Ammonia to Clean the Touchscreen with unless the manufacturer has specifically stated a Product. Ammonia can damage the Screen.
- Avoid Spraying Liquid or Water Direct on the Screen, as there is a Risk of Liquid Leaking into the Device and Damaging. Instead, always Spray the liquid onto the Microfiber, Squeeze to Remove any Excess Liquid, and then Wipe.
- Never use Paper Towels or Tissue Paper. They contain Wood Fibers that will Scratch any Plastic Surface. You may not see the Scratches the first time, but over time your Screen will look like you used very Fine Steel Wool to Clean it which will leaving it looking Dull and somewhat Fuzzy.
- Don't press too Hard on the Screen when Cleaning or you might Damage the Display.
So these are some Tips on How to Clean a Touch Screen.