These hidden applications are very much helpful that if you want to control your Windows and wish to become its master, then you should learn about these Top 25 applications. Some of them would be those which you might not be knowing.
Here are Top 25 Hidden Applications in Windows XP:
1) Character Map >> charmap.exe
(very useful for finding unusual Characters).
2) Disk Cleanup >> cleanmgr.exe.
3) Clipboard Viewer >> clipbrd.exe
(views contents of Windows clipboard).
4) Dr Watson >> drwtsn32.exe
5) DirectX Diagnosis >> dxdiag.exe
(Diagnose & test DirectX, Video & Sound cards).
6) Private Character Editor >> eudcedit.exe
(allows creation or modification of characters).
7) IExpress Wizard >> iexpress.exe
(Create self-extracting / self-installing package).
8) Microsoft Synchronization Manager >> mobsync.exe
(allow synchronization of files on the network).
9) Windows Media Player 5.1 >> mplay32.exe
(Retro version of Media Player, very Basic).
10) ODBC Data Source Administrator >> odbcad32.exe
(something to do with databases).
11) Object Packager >> packager.exe
(packaging objects for insertion in files, have comprehensive help files).
12) System Monitor >> perfmon.exe
(very useful, highly configurable tool, tells everything we ever wanted to know about any aspect of PC performance, for uber-geeks only).
13) Program Manager >> progman.exe
(Legacy Windows 3.x desktop shell).
14) Remote Access phone book >> rasphone.exe
(documentation is virtually non-existent).
15) Registry Editor >> regedt32.exe or regedit.exe
(for hacking the Windows Registry).
16) Network shared folder wizard >> shrpubw.exe
(creates shared folders on network).
17) File signature verification tool >> sigverif.exe.
18) Volume Control >> sndvol32.exe
(if lose it from the System Notification area).
19) System Configuration Editor >> sysedit.exe
(modify System.ini & Win.ini just like in Win98).
20) Syskey >> syskey.exe
(Secures XP Account database).
21) Microsoft Telnet Client >> telnet.exe.
22) Driver Verifier Manager >> verifier.exe
(utility for monitoring the actions of drivers).
23) Windows for Workgroups Chat >> winchat.exe
(utility to allow chat sessions over a LAN).
24) System configuration >> msconfig.exe
(use to control startup programs).
25) Group Policies >> gpedit.msc
(used to manage group policies and permissions).
So these are Top 25 Hidden Applications in Windows XP.