Top 10 do's and don'ts for battery use
Follow these Top 10 do's and don'ts for battery use to make it more stable and increase its life.
Battery Do's :
- Fully charge/discharge battery up to 4 cycles before achieving full capacity of a new battery.
- Fully discharge and then fully charge the battery every two to three weeks.
- Run the device under the battery's power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in the user's manual.
- Remove Battery from the device and store in a cool, dry, clean place, if the battery will be not in use for a month or longer.
- Recharge the battery after a storage period to ensure maximum performance of the battery by optimizing the device's power management features.
Battery Don'ts :
- Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
- Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
- Never dispose old batteries in the trash. Batteries contain toxic metals, and electronic waste from batteries and other electronic components is becoming a major problem. Improper disposal of toxic batteries is illegal in many jurisdictions.
- Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
- Keep battery away from fire or other sources of extreme heat. Do not incinerate. Exposure of battery to extreme heat may result in an explosion.