1) First keep on pressing “Num Lock” key until your operating system is back to normal state. This releases the processor from any busy process. If this doesn’t work then follow the below mentioned steps to bring your computer back to normal state when it is struck.
2) Press “ctrl-alt-delete” keys. The windows task manager will then open, click on all programs that you don’t need and end the task. You will see that all programs on your taskbar will close one by one. If this will resolve the issue, save your work.
For your convenience also follow these tips :
- Tip 1 : If you’re working on an MS Office application, it will automatically save your file in case the programs suddenly shut down.
- Tip 2: Always save your file at least every 2 minutes.
Another reason too the computer hang up is because if you are connected to the internet via dial up, and you are running too many applications and opening many websites.
So I suggest, if you are multimedia user or a heavy internet user, then you are better off with a higher memory, at least 512 Mb of memory.
Normally, we should set History to “0”, meaning, when we restart our computer, it doesn’t have any saved History pages that we have visited.
5) Delete all Internet Temporary Files by going to Tools >> Internet Options >> Delete Files.
6) Delete cookies at least once a week by going to Tools >> Internet Options >> Delete Cookies.
7) Remove unnecessary Programs that you no longer use, as they are just occupying Space and Memory, by going to Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs.
8) Do Defragmentation at least once a week by going to My Computer >> Right Click the mouse pointing to specific Drive >> Properties >> Tools >> Defragment now.
9) You can also check the Drive’s Volume for errors by right clicking the mouse pointing to specific Drive >> Properties >> Tools >> Check Now.
10) It is better to have only one user being Logged On. Even if there are many users, make sure that the User Logs Off after using the computer, rather than keeping it Logged On and you do the switching of users. Switching Users is good as long as you don’t keep All Users Logged On.
So these are the Top 10 Tricks and Tips to bring computer to normal state when it freezes or hangs Up.