Trick to Boot Windows XP Faster ?
Learn how to boot Windows XP faster than by some simple tweaks and using easy Tricks.
Here are the steps for Trick to Boot Windows XP Faster:
- Open Notepad.
- Type "del c:\windows\prefetch\ntosboot-*.* /q" (without the quotes)
- Save it as "ntosboot.bat" in "C:\" drive.
- Now Click Start menu >> Run >> gpedit.msc >> Windows Settings >> Computer Configuration >> Shutdown.
- Now in the New Window, click Add >> Browse >> ntosboot.bat >> Open >> OK >> Apply >> OK.
- Now again Click Start menu >> Run >> devmgmt.msc >> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers >> Right click on Primary IDE Channel >> Properties.
- Select the Advanced Settings Tab then on the device or 1 that doesn't have device type grayed out select None instead of auto-detect an click OK.
- Right click on Secondary IDE channel >> Properties and repeat above step.
- Restart the Computer and it is done.
So it is a simple Trick to Boot Windows XP Faster.