How to make a Bootable Pen Drive ?
Learn how to make a Bootable Pen Drive out of any Bootable media like CD or DVD or anything else.
Here is a simple trick to make a Bootable Pen Drive of any Bootable CD or DVD.
- Format the Pen Drive or USB Drive in NTFS format.
- From the Start Menu Right click on the Command Prompt and Select “Run as administrator“.
- Now type "diskpart" and press Enter to open the Disk Partition Program.
- Now to show the list of Drives type list disk.
- You can see disk’s listed there. Note down the disk number of your Pen Drive.
- Now type "SELECT DISK X" (where X is the number noted down for the Pen Drive).
- Now type "CLEAN" and press Enter.
- Now type "CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY" and press Enter.
- Now type "SELECT PARTITION X" (where X is the number for the Pen Drive) and press Enter.
- Now type "ACTIVE" and press Enter.
- Now type "FORMAT FS=NTFS" and press Enter.
- Now type "ASSIGN" and press Enter.
- Now type "EXIT" and press Enter. Now the disk partition program will exit. Now you need to give some more Commands.
- Now insert the Bootable Installation CD/DVD to your CD/DVD Drive.
- Here I am assuming CD/DVD Drive as G and Pen Drive/USB as I ( Change it accordingly).
- Now type "G:CD BOOT" and press Enter.
- Now type "BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 I" to Update your USB/Pen Drive with Bootmgr Code.
- Finally copy all the contents from the CD/DVD to your Pen Drive. Make sure you don’t cause any Errors.
- Plug/Insert your Pen Drive to your PC and Restart the Computer.
- Now Enter the Bios System accordingly by pressing the Delete Key. ( This may vary some times it will be F2 or F12. It depends on the type of your Computer. Any how during the Start Up your Computer will display which key to press to Enter the Bios).
- Now Select the USB/Pen Drive as the First Boot Device.
- Now Save the Settings in Bios and Restart.
- Now you will be able to Install that Program using the Bootable Pen Drive so formed.