To use this trick follow these simple steps :
- Put the Windows installation disc into the CD / DVD drive and press any key when prompted to boot from CD.
- Now Windows system files would be loaded. After this, it would show up License agreement just press F8 to agree.
- Next screen would prompt to Repair or Install a fresh copy of Windows, just select the earlier installed Windows partition and press R to repair it.
- The system will then reboot after Setup checking and copying setup files. When it reboots, don't press any key when prompted, otherwise it would again start with whole process done till yet. Now the system will be automatically starting the setup process.
- Now this is the most important step. Wait for the setup to install the devices and during this press Shift Key + F10.
- Now a, Command Prompt console would open. Here type "NUSRMGR.CPL" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Now this will give access to the User Account window similar to the Control Panel where you can delete or edit the forgotten password. Now choose remove the password.
- After deleting or editing password, close the Command Prompt window and let the setup to finish.
- Now computer will restart and windows will start normally. If you earlier selected to edit password, then it will prompt to enter password so enter it and login.
- Now it is done.
So its a simple trick for changing forgotten Windows Password using Installation CD.