Top 10 Tricks and Tips for Job Interview
Here are the best tricks and tips along with do's and don'ts for the job seekers to make their interview successful.
No matter, if you are a professional or if this is your first job, interviews can be tricky to navigate. To be honest, no one can tell what exactly you need to do in any given interview. However, there are the things you can do to convince your potential employer that you're the candidate they are looking for.
Below are Top Tricks and Tips to be kept in mind while preparing for interview:
1) Take care of your Clothing
2) Be aware of your body language
3) Be confident ! Even if you are nervous
4) Give time to yourself
5) Be polite
6) Do Practice and Be Prepared
Be sure to research about the company before the interview. This may be done by visiting their website, checking to see how their stock is performing, and asking friends and family if they know anything about that company. You should be also prepared for common interview questions. Many books and online articles may also help you out for this.
Moreover, never go for an interview empty handed. Take copies of your Resume, a list of References, a pen and some paper to take notes. This might put a good impression on the interviewer.
7) Research Yourself
8) Research about the Job Role
9) Answer all questions Honestly and Thoroughly
10) Build Rapport
Do's and Don'ts of Interview
- Do take as much time as you have available to you but don't wait until the last minute.
- Do learn as much as you can about the company and the interviewers. Don't go in knowing nothing about the industry or the position for which you're being interviewed.
- Do anticipate likely interview questions and plan your answers. Don't be caught off guard as a lack of preparation makes you seem like you don't want the job.
- Do make a good first impression by showing up early and looking well dressed and well rested. Don't arrive late or looking disheveled.
- Do practice everything from your handshake to your introduction. Don't fumble for words or sound unsure of yourself because you haven't rehearsed.
- Do answer the questions honestly. Paint yourself in the best light, but remain humble and brief. Don't exaggerate or lie about your accomplishments. Droning on about your achievements can make you look phony.
- Do remain polite, respectful, and positive. Don't complain about prior jobs you've held.
- Do follow up with a "Thank You" note after the interview. Don't hound the hiring manager, as it could hurt your chances of being hired.
The above discussed Tricks & Tips and Do's & Don'ts are just a brief list of all the things to consider prior to an interview. Just remember one thing in your life, even the best interview of your life might not get you the job. But don't get down or take it personally. Most of the time it has nothing to do with you. So just keep applying for jobs and putting yourself out there and with hard work and determination. You'll surely get the job for which you would be happy and excited about.
So these were the Top 10 Tricks and Tips for Job Interview.